Wiltshire law firm Royds Withy King and mental health charity Wiltshire Mind have joined forces to offer training to HR managers and business owners around mental health in the workplace.
Led by mental health trainer Nigel Lambden and employment solicitor Helen Lucas, the course aims to ensure that managers can maintain employee engagement, productivity, wellbeing and curb sickness absence concerns while businesses can avoid employment tribunal claims.
The morning session will cover:
- how to spot the signs and symptoms of mental health concerns in your team
- how to have sensitive conversations with staff and build a supportive culture
- where to signpost staff to professional external help
- how to support and manage staff experiencing stress
- how to remain resilient to dealing with mental health issues at work.
In the afternoon, delegates will learn:
- what your legal obligations are as an employer
- how to avoid disability discrimination and other employment claims
- how to manage sickness absence / capability
- how to obtain medical evidence and what questions to ask
- when to make reasonable adjustments.
The course runs from 9.30am until 4pm on Thursday, March 29 at Royds Withy King, 34 Regent Circus, Swindon SN1 1PY. Attendance costs £220 plus VAT, with a discount applied to bookings received before March 15.
For more information, or to book a place, visit www.roydswithyking.com/info-hub