There are many ways in which people can be developed in order to improve their capability. These include well known activities such as training courses, professional qualifications, on the job instruction, job shadowing and mentoring. These, and many others, all have their place in the right situation.
Swindon & Wiltshire Business News
Cashflow expert Nicki Kinton, who has more than 30 years’ experience in credit control, has been asked to be a judge in a prestigious national competition.
Her Swindon-based company, Confident Cashflow, specialises in helping SMEs tighten up their financial systems and processes and supports them around intelligent credit control.
Swindon author, blogger and businesswoman Angela Atkinson is reaching new heights with her second publication - Swindon in 50 Buildings.
The new book by Angela, who writes the popular blog Born Again Swindonian and runs a proofreading and editing business, looks at 50 of the town’s buildings ranging from the
Members of the business community will be given a chance to have their say on Swindon and Wiltshire Local Enterprise Partnership's
Goodman Financial Planning, with £20 million of assets under management, was founded by Peter Goodman, who lives and works in Marlborough and is retiring after 25 years.
Around 24,000 companies in the South West that export to Europe are being warned they need to take urgent action as the prospect of a no deal Brexit looms larger.
The warning comes from James Monk, Business West’s international trade services director.
He says it is vital that those companies
When the Mayor of Swindon rolls up to engagements in his official car, he'll be doing it in a hydrogen-powered SUV that parks itself, thanks to a new commercial partnership with Pebley Beach.
For the first time, Swindon Mayor, Cllr Kevin Parry, will have the use of a completely emissions-free
- Happy holidays, Business Biscuit
- South West businesses are the most confident in the UK
- Swindon solar park up for national award
- Management buyout at market research company
- Swindon Council puts Old Town forward in latest High Street funding programme
- Work starts to convert Victorian laundry into Hilton Hotel
- Expert advice: Reduce the threat of cyber-attack
- Accountancy firm moves into Corsham offices
- Nationwide announces new partnerships as it prepares to launch business banking
- Renewable energy company to supply power to iconic tower
- Groundworks firm lays foundations for employee ownership
- Be among the first to hear Bank of England's latest inflation report
- Digital agency named official Google partner
- Football club secures new ground lease – and place in national league – with help of law firm
- Accountancy firm records another strong year of growth
- New doors for Open Dawes as training firm relocates
- IT firm recruits first female technician in 20-year history
- NSBRC builds on relationship with football club
- Young entrepreneurs head to brewery for second networking event
- Company presented with Queen’s Award by Lord Lieutenant of Wiltshire
- Motor dealer launches drive to cut single-use plastics
- Visitors to Swindon tourism website told: Expect the Unexpected
- Expert opinion: British Airways' GDPR fine is a warning to all businesses
- Mental health charity takes new premises in central Swindon
- Keep cool and carry on – advice to employers during the heatwave
- Mental health should carry equal weight to manual handling in the workplace, says expert
- Community foundation appoints new chairman of trustees
- LEP heads to the movies for annual conference
- Financial experts awarded top industry standard for fifth year running
- Global tech firm moves to Chippenham