New rules have come into force designed to reduce the number of claims taken to industrial tribunals. Rather than taking a case straight to tribunal, employees are required to contact ACAS - the Advisory Conciliation and Arbitration Service - before issuing certain employment tribunal claims.
Swindon & Wiltshire Business News
Yesterday, energy minister Michael Fallon said any project not granted planning permission before the election would not get funds, as
And the firm - which already employs 360 people at Melksham - has brought in Swindon-based recruitment firm C&D Group to help fill its vacancies.
The building will be the new company headquarters of Swindon Silicon Systems, a specialist in the design and supply of integrated circuits, who will
The green and striped flag of Zambia flew at Robert Le Kyng school in Swindon on St George’s Day, as children celebrated the special relationship between their community and Livingstone, the tourist capital of the African nation.
This Spring marks the time for more changes to employment law. Here's a digest of changes already in force and shortly coming into force.
• For claims issued after 6 April, tribunals will be able to order a losing employer to pay a financial penaltyto the Secretary of State, in
A leading ecommerce specialist is undergoing fast-paced growth having won additional clients, moved to bigger offices and signed up to offer business coaching to ambitious companies that use the web as a selling tool.
Toinfinity, based in Swindon, is growing so fast that its team are moving one floor down
- Thrings strengthens commercial property offering with triple appointment
- Naim Audio is Wiltshire's sole winner of Queen’s Award for Enterprise
- Majority of self-employed like being their own boss - survey
- Bike takes centre stage at Monahans breakfast
- Manor House Enterprise Centre opens in Royal Wootton Bassett
- Luxury stay at Jane Austen’s home on offer at Wiltshire Business Show
- Accountants call on businesses to test their grey matter for charity
- IT specialists speed up business for leading construction company
- Estate agent and accountant take Penny Farthings for a 1,000-mile spin
- Expert opinion: The changing landscape of registered designs
- Bassett distribution depot bought for £2.5m
- Haine & Smith wins top opticians award
- Beard bucks national trend to post strong set of results
- Hills Waste Solutions retains garrisons contract
- Trunki founder is keynote speaker at Swindon Business Show
- Swindon Chamber throws free networking event
- The writing’s on the van for supporters of youth project
- Expert opinion: Good news for commercial tenants as ‘distress’ is abolished
- Excalibur crowned Wiltshire winner at HSBC’ Global Connections Awards
- New shopkeepers can benefit from fifty percent rates relief
- Edwin joins expanding team at Banks accountants
- Marlborough’s independent traders launch Easter Egg-stravaganza
- Twenty-six-point-two is the magic number for accountant Andrew
- Pebley Beach named Wiltshire Business of the Year
- BNI founder sends a rare personal greeting to new Marlborough chapter
- Chamber breakfast looks at lead generation
- Seminar to guide Wiltshire businesses on journey to the Cloud
- Expert opinion: Garden Cities and Parking - a recipe for disaster in an urban idyll?
- Bold vision to make Swindon and Wiltshire an innovation hub unveiled
- Digital technology is theme of Wiltshire Business Expo