Swindon & Wiltshire Business News
For many jobs, a professional qualification is essential. There are plenty of examples across many sectors and types of work where it simply isn’t possible to be employed in a role unless you have a recognised qualification. I’m sure we all have our own examples of when we wouldn’t dream
Law firm Thrings has reappointed Simon Holdsworth as managing partner following a unanimous vote at its annual partners’ meeting.
Simon, who joined the law firm in 1997 and became managing partner in 2013, will oversee Thrings’ strategic direction and retain responsibility for its legal and operational activities for a third
New proposals designed to prevent abuse of the R&D tax relief regime risk disincentivising small businesses from undertaking genuine R&D activity, Swindon-based audit, tax and consulting firm RSM has warned.
The Government's consultation on reforming the SME R&D tax relief regime, which closed on 24 May, proposes a cap on
High street bookshops battling online retailers are getting a helping hand – from a Highworth web firm.
Reuben Digital is encouraging bookworms to engage with their local bookstore through an amazing web portal called Caboodle.
Launched by National Book Tokens, book lovers can sign up to win loyalty points, enter
Carolyn Matravers is the second Old Mill adviser to become accredited. She joins colleague Chris Tweedie, who qualified five years ago.
Law firm Thrings has appointed private client, succession and tax specialist Douglas Smith as partner.
Douglas - who has more than 30 years’ experience of acting for UK and non-UK domiciliaries on tax planning, preparing wills and trusts, and probate work involving the administration of substantial and complex estates -
- Personal training and fitness gym doubles its studio footprint
- Swindon offices with planning permission for retail use come to market
- Business confidence slips in South West
- Site manager shortlisted for building excellence award
- Businesses can learn how to 'future proof'
- Telematics company awarded ISO standards
- Brewery creates new beer for Armed Forces day event
- TV presenter Paul Martin supports charity ball to raise awareness of dyslexia
- Pub sale could lead to new supermarket for Chippenham
- Rugby star will be guest speaker at launch of Air Tattoo business club
- Pharmaceutical partner snaps up specialist packaging manufacturer
- New role sees Emma go full circle
- Expert opinion: Are your interviewing techniques a help or a hindrance?
- Global technology company takes office space in Chippenham
- Four awards for Swindon estate agent
- Plumbing company welcomes new family member
- Law firm launches HELP for Wiltshire businesses
- Business West respond to Prime Minister's resignation
- Energy firm urges BBC to give more time and weight to climate change
- Swindon firm partners with global marketing platform
- NSRBC to celebrate UK Employee Ownership Day with networking and a payout
- Broadcaster to share his secrets of success with young entrepreneurs
- Bank opens doors for networking event
- Beauty salon opens in Amesbury
- Swindon estate agent stays close to home for refurbishment of Old Town branch
- Global distributor of steel products buys neighbouring manufacturer
- Supermarket to create over 150 jobs in the South West, with new stores at Chippenham and Bassett
- Expert opinion: Where next for the US-China trade dispute?
- Nationwide CFO steps down as society announces strong annual results
- WH Smith chief executive to step down