Every business owner worth their salt knows the value of a happy customer. The saying “the customer is always right” is often misunderstood – it doesn’t mean that customers can get away with saying and doing anything.
Swindon and Wiltshire's best business brains give advice and opinions on hot topics.
One in four of the UK workforce now suffers from some form of mental health problem. And as business owners, that can include us.
There are, of course, some notable exceptions to these findings, but clearly, it has been found many times, that successful leaders:
In an important decision, the Employment Appeal Tribunal recently confirmed that calculating holiday pay for part-time or term-time workers based on the established calculation of 12.07 percent of annualised hours is not correct.
Going forward, this ruling could also affect the way holiday pay is calculated for casual and
The senior management team are the backbone of every business: they provide the vision, support and safeguarding needed for effective and efficient operation. But if you dream of becoming the boss, do you have what it takes to become a business owner?
Make your wishes known
Expectations of staff should be set from the top that projects and tasks will be completed on-time, and to a high level to meet your company goals.
A year and a half on, and with negotiations between the UK Government and the EU moving along at a pace considerably slower than a skeletal sled, has any progress
- Expert opinion: Is a management buyout a good way to sell your business?
- Expert opinion: The power of having a brilliant team – how engaged is your team?
- Expert opinion: Employees need to be made aware of their right to shared parental leave
- Expert opinion: How to run your business in the snow
- Expert opinion: how to win a bid for a government contract
- Expert opinion: Are you up to speed on energy efficiency regulations?
- Expert opinion: why I use a password manager
- Expert opinion: watch out for fake diplomas
- Expert opinion: Revise your will in light of inheritance tax rules
- Expert advice: A new year resolution - short term plan or long term goals?
- Expert opinion: Why recovering money owed to you might have just got harder
- Expert opinion: The Christmas party – what’s the worst that could happen?
- Expert advice: Pregnancy and maternity discrimination - new report calls for action
- Expert advice: How to find your customers
- Expert advice: Reducing and addressing bullying in the workplace
- Expert opinion: How to deal with sexual harassment complaints in the workplace
- Expert advice: Opening stage of employment tribunal fee refund scheme launched
- Expert opinion: I’ll just do it myself... the art of delegation
- Expert advice: How the daily mile scheme can help staff be more productive
- Expert opinion: How to limit liability for a breach of contract
- Expert advice: Does monitoring staff comms count as illegal spying?
- Expert opinion: Silver or gold - the mindset that will make you excel
- Expert opinion: Debt recovery rules change on October 1
- Expert opinion: Companies and partnerships must prepare for new tax evasion laws
- Expert opinion: Employers think twice: suspension can be unlawful
- Expert opinion: Get ready for the pound coin switch-over
- Expert opinion: GDPR – The Data Protection stakes just got higher
- Expert opinion: Pension age increase – why working longer might actually be good for us
- Expert opinion: Supreme Court’s tribunal fees ruling – what does it mean for you?
- Expert opinion: What’s the future for Making Tax Digital?