Swindon and Wiltshire's best business brains give advice and opinions on hot topics.
New rules for service charges in commercial property come into effect from April 2019. For the first time, the Service Charges in Commercial Property introduces new mandatory requirements to be followed by RICS members and regulated firms, including:
A client recently commented that the posturing (or as some might say strategic negotiation) going on between the UK government and the European Union at the moment reminded him of the negotiation (or some would say strategic posturing) he witnessed during the negotiation of a management buyout (MBO) a few
This means that now is a good time to look at some of the available tax allowances and top them up for the current 2018/19 accounting year.
Making financial decisions, looking at whether to launch into a new market or develop a new product or service, spending scarce resources well and deciding how best to use our time are just some of the many things we need to think of.
Your impulse reaction might be one of surprise and raise questions such as, 'How long has this been going on?' or 'Aren’t we enough for you?'.
For me, an office manager is responsible for the total management of the business operation and that’s my role here at Haines Watts Swindon.
- Expert advice: Making sense of digital marketing
- Expert opinion: why does my business need a marketing plan?
- Expert opinion: Lifetime gifts can help young family members when they really need it
- Expert advice: Thinking of gifting money to your loved ones this Christmas?
- Expert advice: Retaining ownership of your goods via a retention of title clause
- Expert advice: How to host a good (and legal action-free) Christmas party
- Expert opinion: Digital or traditional marketing – which should you use?
- Expert advice: Super-charge your stock market returns by reinvesting dividends
- Expert opinion: Don't dismiss valuable R&D tax relief
- Expert advice: everything you need to know about screen safety
- Expert opinion: Why facing up to a crisis can be good for you
- Expert opinion: Discrimination in the workplace – what it is, and how to protect your business
- Expert advice: How to develop your email marketing audience
- Expert opinion: How to prepare for the ageing workforce
- Expert opinion: Brexit will set the agenda for the Budget
- Expert opinion: Debt recovery – enforcing written off bad debts and Judgments
- Expert opinion: Watch what you say on social media – libel laws still apply
- Expert opinion: Ten years after the crisis, what next?
- Expert opinion: The will for a solicitor
- Expert opinion: Getting the most from sponsorship 1
- Expert opinion: Why be average when you could be brilliant?
- Government, regulators and employers failing on sexual harassment
- Expert opinion: Are you the busiest person in your team?
- Expert advice: How can employers reduce the risk of being ghosted by recruits?
- Expert opinion: How should a business be prepared for sale?
- Expert opinion: A landlord’s guide to tenant alterations
- Expert advice: is your business ready for the World Cup fever?
- Expert opinion: Don’t fall for the same reasons as House of Fraser
- Mergers and acquisitions – what you need to know
- Expert opinion: How to turn angry customers into happy ones