New legislation designed to ban landlords and letting agents from charging certain fees to tenants comes into force on June 1, 2019 and landlords need to be aware of the changes to avoid falling foul of the rules.
Swindon and Wiltshire's best business brains give advice and opinions on hot topics.
Fast growing SMEs are identified by Government and many economists as the key to Britain’s productivity problem as well as the potential to be the sector that leads the economy into the 'fourth industrial revolution', spearheading
These claims could arise if a company suffers a loss from poor Brexit preparations. Mactavish, an insurance company, has warned that if
Our political leaders are facing just this dilemma as the Independent Group of MPs is formed. But what would happen to you
While charities are a sound corporate vehicle for these activities, the rigours of the Charity Commission and charity law can be quite
I realise that this article may not increase my popularity in some circles, but it is based on many years’ experience in many corporations at senior levels and observation of human behaviour in many life situations.
When he left the ship three years later his ship was the best performer. He has shared what he learned about
- Expert opinion: Brexit and the psychology of interpretation and change
- Are ‘accidental managers’ damaging your company’s productivity?
- Expert advice: new commercial property rules will regulate service charges
- Expert opinion: Making the tough decisions
- Expert opinion: Management buyouts – a management team’s perspective
- What to do about an employee with a side hustle
- Expert advice: Top up your tax allowances before the new financial year
- What benefit does an office manager bring?
- Expert advice: Making sense of digital marketing
- Expert opinion: why does my business need a marketing plan?
- Expert opinion: Lifetime gifts can help young family members when they really need it
- Expert advice: Thinking of gifting money to your loved ones this Christmas?
- Expert advice: Retaining ownership of your goods via a retention of title clause
- Expert advice: How to host a good (and legal action-free) Christmas party
- Expert opinion: Digital or traditional marketing – which should you use?
- Expert advice: Super-charge your stock market returns by reinvesting dividends
- Expert opinion: Don't dismiss valuable R&D tax relief
- Expert advice: everything you need to know about screen safety
- Expert opinion: Why facing up to a crisis can be good for you
- Expert opinion: Discrimination in the workplace – what it is, and how to protect your business
- Expert advice: How to develop your email marketing audience
- Expert opinion: How to prepare for the ageing workforce
- Expert opinion: Brexit will set the agenda for the Budget
- Expert opinion: Debt recovery – enforcing written off bad debts and Judgments
- Expert opinion: Watch what you say on social media – libel laws still apply
- Expert opinion: Ten years after the crisis, what next?
- Expert opinion: The will for a solicitor
- Expert opinion: Getting the most from sponsorship 1
- Expert opinion: Why be average when you could be brilliant?
- Government, regulators and employers failing on sexual harassment