However, a decade after the tumultuous events of 2008, major central banks are finally starting to reverse the ‘easy
Swindon and Wiltshire's best business brains give advice and opinions on hot topics.
Own a business? Here's why you should use a solicitor to write your will.
The news today (21 August 2018) reported that Richard Cousins, head of catering company Compass, left £41m to Oxfam. On New Year's Eve 2017, Cousins died in a plane crash with both his sons.
Almost always the answer is along the lines of ‘Fine, we’re doing well, it’s pretty good’.
Do you often find you run out of time to do some of your important things? Do you sometimes wonder why you seem to be the busiest person in the team? Do you ever get home after a busy day and wonder 'what have I actually done today'? Are there
Part 1 - what they've got / what you've got
Of course the easiest way to sponsor is to donate money to your local/national cause and expect nothing in return. This kind of philanthropy can feel good.
But, actually, having a working relationship can feel even better.
The Women and Equalities Committee, chaired by Maria Miller MP, has published a report that says Government, regulators and employers are all failing in their responsibilities to tackle sexual harassment in the workplace.
The committee concludes that sexual harassment is widespread and commonplace, with its report highlighting five priorities for
You may have just been ‘ghosted’.
In the dawn of a job-seekers’ market, that cold feeling of rejection usually associated with online dating is becoming a common occurrence for companies who are
- Expert opinion: How should a business be prepared for sale?
- Expert opinion: A landlord’s guide to tenant alterations
- Expert advice: is your business ready for the World Cup fever?
- Expert opinion: Don’t fall for the same reasons as House of Fraser
- Mergers and acquisitions – what you need to know
- Expert opinion: How to turn angry customers into happy ones
- Expert opinion: Tips for encouraging good mental health in your business
- Expert opinion: Management buyouts – a quick guide for the management team looking to buy-in
- Expert opinion: The key to successful leadership
- Expert opinion: What business owners can learn from Australia’s cheating cricketers
- Calculating holiday pay for term-time workers
- Expert opinion: How will Brexit affect intellectual property laws?
- Expert opinion: Is a management buyout a good way to sell your business?
- Expert opinion: The power of having a brilliant team – how engaged is your team?
- Expert opinion: Employees need to be made aware of their right to shared parental leave
- Expert opinion: How to run your business in the snow
- Expert opinion: how to win a bid for a government contract
- Expert opinion: Are you up to speed on energy efficiency regulations?
- Expert opinion: why I use a password manager
- Expert opinion: watch out for fake diplomas
- Expert opinion: Revise your will in light of inheritance tax rules
- Expert advice: A new year resolution - short term plan or long term goals?
- Expert opinion: Why recovering money owed to you might have just got harder
- Expert opinion: The Christmas party – what’s the worst that could happen?
- Expert advice: Pregnancy and maternity discrimination - new report calls for action
- Expert advice: How to find your customers
- Expert advice: Reducing and addressing bullying in the workplace
- Expert opinion: How to deal with sexual harassment complaints in the workplace
- Expert advice: Opening stage of employment tribunal fee refund scheme launched
- Expert opinion: I’ll just do it myself... the art of delegation