Even if you plan and run your business really effectively, sometimes things happen that are just out of your control.
Swindon and Wiltshire's best business brains give advice and opinions on hot topics.
‘Discrimination’ is a word often batted around by the press, usually in the context of race or sexuality. It often gives the impression of being about other people, and is not something that many of us would think of as part of our everyday lives.
Our population is changing – it’s ageing! Latest projections from The Office of National Statistics reports that due to improvements in life expectancy, there could be 8.6 million more people aged 65 or over by the year 2068.
Have you written off any invoices in your accounts in the last six years or obtained a Judgment against a debtor and not yet enforced it as there did not appear to be anything to enforce against at the time?
So, how are you going to keep your opt-ins interested?
The ingredients to a healthy list
With Brexit dominating the political agenda, and the very real possibility of leaving the EU with no deal, holding the Budget in advance of a possible
We hear a lot about ‘trolls’ online making people’s lives miserable, but where do you stand legally if untrue and damaging things are said about you?
- Expert opinion: Ten years after the crisis, what next?
- Expert opinion: The will for a solicitor
- Expert opinion: Getting the most from sponsorship 1
- Expert opinion: Why be average when you could be brilliant?
- Government, regulators and employers failing on sexual harassment
- Expert opinion: Are you the busiest person in your team?
- Expert advice: How can employers reduce the risk of being ghosted by recruits?
- Expert opinion: How should a business be prepared for sale?
- Expert opinion: A landlord’s guide to tenant alterations
- Expert advice: is your business ready for the World Cup fever?
- Expert opinion: Don’t fall for the same reasons as House of Fraser
- Mergers and acquisitions – what you need to know
- Expert opinion: How to turn angry customers into happy ones
- Expert opinion: Tips for encouraging good mental health in your business
- Expert opinion: Management buyouts – a quick guide for the management team looking to buy-in
- Expert opinion: The key to successful leadership
- Expert opinion: What business owners can learn from Australia’s cheating cricketers
- Calculating holiday pay for term-time workers
- Expert opinion: How will Brexit affect intellectual property laws?
- Expert opinion: Is a management buyout a good way to sell your business?
- Expert opinion: The power of having a brilliant team – how engaged is your team?
- Expert opinion: Employees need to be made aware of their right to shared parental leave
- Expert opinion: How to run your business in the snow
- Expert opinion: how to win a bid for a government contract
- Expert opinion: Are you up to speed on energy efficiency regulations?
- Expert opinion: why I use a password manager
- Expert opinion: watch out for fake diplomas
- Expert opinion: Revise your will in light of inheritance tax rules
- Expert advice: A new year resolution - short term plan or long term goals?
- Expert opinion: Why recovering money owed to you might have just got harder