Expectations of staff should be set from the top that projects and tasks will be completed on-time, and to a high level to meet your company goals.
Swindon and Wiltshire's best business brains give advice and opinions on hot topics.
In an important decision, the Employment Appeal Tribunal recently confirmed that calculating holiday pay for part-time or term-time workers based on the established calculation of 12.07 percent of annualised hours is not correct.
Going forward, this ruling could also affect the way holiday pay is calculated for casual and
Shared Parental Leave was introduced in 2015 to offer choice to eligible parents in respect to childcare, and allow mothers to return to work sooner
A year and a half on, and with negotiations between the UK Government and the EU moving along at a pace considerably slower than a skeletal sled, has any progress
The best teams produce the best results. Obvious isn’t it: not simply the best players, but really good players who play well together, play for each other, and are really, properly committed? Think of the best teams in your favourite sport and it becomes clear.
There are three particularly pertinent issues for your business, firstly your staff getting to work
- Expert opinion: how to win a bid for a government contract
- Expert opinion: Are you up to speed on energy efficiency regulations?
- Expert opinion: why I use a password manager
- Expert opinion: watch out for fake diplomas
- Expert opinion: Revise your will in light of inheritance tax rules
- Expert advice: A new year resolution - short term plan or long term goals?
- Expert opinion: Why recovering money owed to you might have just got harder
- Expert opinion: The Christmas party – what’s the worst that could happen?
- Expert advice: Pregnancy and maternity discrimination - new report calls for action
- Expert advice: How to find your customers
- Expert advice: Reducing and addressing bullying in the workplace
- Expert opinion: How to deal with sexual harassment complaints in the workplace
- Expert advice: Opening stage of employment tribunal fee refund scheme launched
- Expert opinion: I’ll just do it myself... the art of delegation
- Expert advice: How the daily mile scheme can help staff be more productive
- Expert opinion: How to limit liability for a breach of contract
- Expert advice: Does monitoring staff comms count as illegal spying?
- Expert opinion: Silver or gold - the mindset that will make you excel
- Expert opinion: Debt recovery rules change on October 1
- Expert opinion: Companies and partnerships must prepare for new tax evasion laws
- Expert opinion: Employers think twice: suspension can be unlawful
- Expert opinion: Get ready for the pound coin switch-over
- Expert opinion: GDPR – The Data Protection stakes just got higher
- Expert opinion: Pension age increase – why working longer might actually be good for us
- Expert opinion: Supreme Court’s tribunal fees ruling – what does it mean for you?
- Expert opinion: What’s the future for Making Tax Digital?
- Expert opinion: The Taylor Report - what does it mean for Swindon and Wiltshire SMEs?
- New changes to Persons with Significant Control requirements affect companies and LLPs
- Expert opinion: Are you suffering from the holiday headache?
- Expert opinion: Theresa May made mistakes business leaders can learn from