Swindon and Wiltshire's best business brains give advice and opinions on hot topics.
Controlling the tenant’s right to make alterations is a key aspect of this. Landlords need to understand
Every business owner worth their salt knows the value of a happy customer. The saying “the customer is always right” is often misunderstood – it doesn’t mean that customers can get away with saying and doing anything.
The Word Cup fever should not be regarded by your business as a negative. You should embrace this opportunity to boost staff morale and consequently maximise your employees’ engagement and productively in your business.
Any merger or acquisition is an enormously important undertaking for your business. Ensuring a successful outcome requires a skilled and commercial approach and an understanding of the key issues for consideration.
If you are thinking of selling your business, it is important to seek professional advice (both legal and
One in four of the UK workforce now suffers from some form of mental health problem. And as business owners, that can include us.
- Expert opinion: Management buyouts – a quick guide for the management team looking to buy-in
- Expert opinion: The key to successful leadership
- Expert opinion: What business owners can learn from Australia’s cheating cricketers
- Calculating holiday pay for term-time workers
- Expert opinion: How will Brexit affect intellectual property laws?
- Expert opinion: Is a management buyout a good way to sell your business?
- Expert opinion: The power of having a brilliant team – how engaged is your team?
- Expert opinion: Employees need to be made aware of their right to shared parental leave
- Expert opinion: How to run your business in the snow
- Expert opinion: how to win a bid for a government contract
- Expert opinion: Are you up to speed on energy efficiency regulations?
- Expert opinion: why I use a password manager
- Expert opinion: watch out for fake diplomas
- Expert opinion: Revise your will in light of inheritance tax rules
- Expert advice: A new year resolution - short term plan or long term goals?
- Expert opinion: Why recovering money owed to you might have just got harder
- Expert opinion: The Christmas party – what’s the worst that could happen?
- Expert advice: Pregnancy and maternity discrimination - new report calls for action
- Expert advice: How to find your customers
- Expert advice: Reducing and addressing bullying in the workplace
- Expert opinion: How to deal with sexual harassment complaints in the workplace
- Expert advice: Opening stage of employment tribunal fee refund scheme launched
- Expert opinion: I’ll just do it myself... the art of delegation
- Expert advice: How the daily mile scheme can help staff be more productive
- Expert opinion: How to limit liability for a breach of contract
- Expert advice: Does monitoring staff comms count as illegal spying?
- Expert opinion: Silver or gold - the mindset that will make you excel
- Expert opinion: Debt recovery rules change on October 1
- Expert opinion: Companies and partnerships must prepare for new tax evasion laws
- Expert opinion: Employers think twice: suspension can be unlawful