With Brexit dominating the political agenda, and the very real possibility of leaving the EU with no deal, holding the Budget in advance of a possible
Swindon and Wiltshire's best business brains give advice and opinions on hot topics.
Have you written off any invoices in your accounts in the last six years or obtained a Judgment against a debtor and not yet enforced it as there did not appear to be anything to enforce against at the time?
However, a decade after the tumultuous events of 2008, major central banks are finally starting to reverse the ‘easy
Part 1 - what they've got / what you've got
Of course the easiest way to sponsor is to donate money to your local/national cause and expect nothing in return. This kind of philanthropy can feel good.
But, actually, having a working relationship can feel even better.
We hear a lot about ‘trolls’ online making people’s lives miserable, but where do you stand legally if untrue and damaging things are said about you?
Own a business? Here's why you should use a solicitor to write your will.
The news today (21 August 2018) reported that Richard Cousins, head of catering company Compass, left £41m to Oxfam. On New Year's Eve 2017, Cousins died in a plane crash with both his sons.
Almost always the answer is along the lines of ‘Fine, we’re doing well, it’s pretty good’.
- Government, regulators and employers failing on sexual harassment
- Expert opinion: Are you the busiest person in your team?
- Expert advice: How can employers reduce the risk of being ghosted by recruits?
- Expert opinion: How should a business be prepared for sale?
- Expert opinion: A landlord’s guide to tenant alterations
- Expert advice: is your business ready for the World Cup fever?
- Expert opinion: Don’t fall for the same reasons as House of Fraser
- Mergers and acquisitions – what you need to know
- Expert opinion: How to turn angry customers into happy ones
- Expert opinion: Tips for encouraging good mental health in your business
- Expert opinion: Management buyouts – a quick guide for the management team looking to buy-in
- Expert opinion: The key to successful leadership
- Expert opinion: What business owners can learn from Australia’s cheating cricketers
- Calculating holiday pay for term-time workers
- Expert opinion: How will Brexit affect intellectual property laws?
- Expert opinion: Is a management buyout a good way to sell your business?
- Expert opinion: The power of having a brilliant team – how engaged is your team?
- Expert opinion: Employees need to be made aware of their right to shared parental leave
- Expert opinion: How to run your business in the snow
- Expert opinion: how to win a bid for a government contract
- Expert opinion: Are you up to speed on energy efficiency regulations?
- Expert opinion: why I use a password manager
- Expert opinion: watch out for fake diplomas
- Expert opinion: Revise your will in light of inheritance tax rules
- Expert advice: A new year resolution - short term plan or long term goals?
- Expert opinion: Why recovering money owed to you might have just got harder
- Expert opinion: The Christmas party – what’s the worst that could happen?
- Expert advice: Pregnancy and maternity discrimination - new report calls for action
- Expert advice: How to find your customers
- Expert advice: Reducing and addressing bullying in the workplace