Community Champions

Print

Par-fect turn out for charity golf day

Written by Peter Davison on .

Team GoughsTeam GoughsA charity golf day hosted by law firm Goughs Solicitors has raised £5,000 for Julia’s House and Wiltshire Air Ambulance.

Goughs’ eighth annual Charity Golf Day at Cumberwell Park Golf Club, Bradford on Avon was attended by over 60 guests from the Wiltshire business community.

Julia’s House is a children’s hospice dedicated to helping life-limited children and their families in Wiltshire and Dorset. The charity has recently opened the first children’s hospice in Wiltshire, enabling their nurses and carers to provide life-changing support for over 100 children and their parents and brothers and sisters both in their own homes and within their hospices.

This year is also a seminal year for the Wiltshire Air Ambulance, as the charity is eagerly anticipating the opening of its new Airbase in Semington, Melksham. Fund raising initiatives, such as the launch of the 100 Club, whereby 100 businesses in Wiltshire, including Goughs, each committed to raising £10,000 for the charity’s Airbase appeal, have really helped in raising part of the £1.25 million they need in order to complete the build.

After 18 holes of golf the day concluded with a presentation dinner and charity auction. The auction, expertly conducted by top international auctioneer Richard Madley, contained an array of incredible lots donated by local businesses.

Andrew Given, partner and head of the real estate, land and development department at Goughs Solicitors said: “The day was a huge success and we have been overwhelmed by the continuous generosity shown by everyone involved. The money raised will help to ensure that these extremely worthwhile charities can continue their essential work for the benefit of the local community here in Wiltshire”.

Ian Wadley, Wiltshire fundraising manager for Julia’s House, said: “We are hugely grateful for the continued support we receive from Goughs. The golf day was yet again a tremendous success and we would like to thank everybody who attended and donated so generously to support local life-limited children and their families.”

Valerie Whistler, partnerships coordinator for Wiltshire Air Ambulance said: “We are so grateful to Goughs for all their support and hard work in raising funds towards the building of our new airbase.  

“The golf day was great fun as well as being very successful. Work on our new airbase is progressing well, and thanks to all the support we have received we have raised almost 85% of our overall target, leaving us with just 15 percent to complete the building and equipping it before it becomes operational by next summer.”