With high-profile retailers going into administration or closing less-profitable outlets, the demand for shop floorspace is in decline, while Brexit is leading to a lack of confidence in Swindon's commercial property market, according to the latest statistics.
Commercial property news from Swindon and Wiltshire.
Property consultancy Myddelton & Major has successfully negotiated the new six-year lease for which the quoting rent was £10,250.
Myddelton & Major associate Rachael Wythe said: “Healthcare companies Cathedral Gate Homecare Ltd
Jennie joins the Swindon-based agency from Birkmyre Property Consultancy, and has extensive experience in both the residential and commercial property sectors.
106 Commercial Road comprises a refurbished ground floor lock up shop with open plan retail area and prominent frontage to Commercial Road.
The Eternal Optimist – which serves locally-brewed craft ales, cocktails, and botanical gins – was set up by Tom Gee, owner of The Hop Kettle Brewery, and Matt
Previously Old Town Eye Care before the business relocated, 102 Victoria Road is a red brick property with tiled pitched roof and display window overlooking Victoria Road.
- Business specialists take city centre space
- Bluestone unit snapped up
- Two Swindon commercial freeholds come to market
- Swindon redevelopment opportunity comes to the market
- Property agent acquires £3m industrial investment on behalf of client
- Restored Victorian apartment snapped up by first-time investors
- 10,000 sq ft warehouse built in preparation for Brexit
- From pandas to pizzas, new tenants move into takeaway
- Estate agent scoops 'most active' title for seventh year
- Estate agent shortlisted for ‘Best In Region’ award
- Established Wiltshire hotel comes to market
- Successful let of Commercial Road property
- Iceland's Swindon move is biggest warehouse let in South West
- Firm named one of top three most active by Estates Gazette
- Land Rover specialist drives business forward
- New business facilities named in honour of The Fallen
- Traffic enforcement company signals expansion
- Growing IT firm moves to business park
- New owners sought for Edwardian mansion hotel
- Florist remains rooted in Cricklade Road
- Neighbouring shops on Swindon's Regent Street come to market
- Property consultant acquires retail units for investor
- School site sold for affordable housing
- More development at Bluestone
- Occupiers expand at industrial estate
- Industrial units come onto market
- Standards to tackle unfair commercial property service charges published
- Retail property to get a residential makeover after sale
- Lock up let in record time
- Former hairdressing salon comes on to property market