Swindon & Wiltshire Business News
The recent decision to ban diesel cars from the centre of Bristol has reignited an old argument – what car is a better buy: petrol, diesel, hybrid, or electric?
If the government gives its approval, private diesels will be banned from the city's Clean Air Zone between 7am and 3pm daily. Drivers who flout the ban can expect the fine. Commercial vehicles including lorries, buses and taxis will also be subject to conditions and tariffs.
The team at technology-based accountancy firm Purple Lime have decided not to buy festive presents for their clients this year – instead they are donating ‘gifts’ to a local homeless project.
Purple Lime, which is based at Hartham Park in Corsham, are working with Doorway, the charity drop-in centre for the homeless based in Chippenham. For Christmas they are donating gifts worth around £500 to support those in need over the holiday period.
A national training centre is trialling technology that will prevent drunk drivers getting behind the wheel of a forklift truck.
If the trials are successful, Swindon-based Forklift Training Engineering Centre (F-TEC) hopes the technology will be rolled out across the warehousing, logistics, and material handling industries industry to operators of forklift trucks, aerial platforms, and cranes.
More Articles ...
- Wiltshire energy firm expands north with acquisition
- Jobs at risk as energy firm announces restructuring plan
- Trading Through Brexit scoops prestigious British Chambers award
- Wiltshire firm appointed sole distributor of luxury vans
- Wadworth unveils plans to build new brewery
- Call for government to support renewables
- Brexit has not deterred people from building their own homes, survey finds
- From aviation to digital: businesswoman is in line for business award
- Swindon firm wins prestigious award for IT and telecoms support
- Politics hits demand for commercial property
- Small Business Saturday campaign rolls into Salisbury
- Business West’s environmental credentials move up a gear with the Nexo
- Expert advice: 12 PR Tips for Your Business for 2020
- Brewery celebrates its Best of the Best
- Entrepreneur breathes new life into historic building with antique offering
- Trading estate sold for £3.46 million
- Artisan ice cream maker joins forces with food distribution company
- All aboard! Networkers invited to hop on the cocktail bus
- PPI claims hit half-year profits at Nationwide
- Recruitment firm appoints three new directors
- Property agent cuts a deal with hairdresser
- Skills shortages impacting businesses as labour market remains buoyant – report
- Digital marketing and accounting is focus of bank event
- Gift card scheme encourages residents to keep business local
- Construction starts at Chippenham industrial park
- Heating firm sponsors Christmas lights switch-on for second year
- Expert opinion: The Christmas party – what’s the worst that could happen?
- Entrepreneur Denise is a Stevie wonder
- Industry award for energy management company
- Fast-growing outsource centre acquires technology provider