Swindon & Wiltshire Business News
Expanding property consultancy Myddelton & Major has appointed an experienced new chartered surveyor.
Matthew Holmes has joined the long-established Wiltshire firm’s commercial team as associate partner as business continues to grow.
Matthew, an experienced chartered surveyor and RICS Registered Valuer, has 14 years’ experience and has previously worked for national and international property consultancies.
Myddelton & Major partner Philip Holford said: “Matthew brings a wealth of experience in providing valuations for all types of commercial property, including investment and development sites.
“He has worked on behalf of banks, pension funds, businesses and private individuals as well as having a great deal of expertise in acting for landlords and tenants in rent reviews, lease renewals and other landlord and tenant matters.
“We welcome Matthew as we continue to grow our professional services and management team and he is set to play a leading role in our continued development across the central southern region.
“He will be providing a dedicated surveyor service, undertaking landlord and tenant work and valuations for secured lending, pension funds – SIPP and SSAS pension fund beneficiaries– litigation, taxation – CGT and IHT – and company account purposes.”
Matthew said, “Myddelton & Major has a long-established reputation for quality advice and client care and I am looking forward to utilising my extensive sector knowledge and experience to add value to the firm’s extensive and valued client base.”
A charity which provides specialist vehicles with toilet facilities for disabled people who would otherwise miss out on events has moved into an office suite in the market town of Westbury.
Property consultancy Myddelton & Major has successfully negotiated a new three-year lease on the offices in Bridge House, Station Road, at a quoting price of £11,000 per year.
Local news publications – including Business Biscuit – and bloggers have helped shape the aims and objectives of a special network which is striving to put Swindon on the map.
The Switch On To Swindon business ambassador network, now in its third year, is currently refreshing its strategy and used the expertise of the town’s local media and PR professionals to develop its forthcoming communications plan at a recent workshop in Swindon’s Carriage Works.
Swindon businessman and commentator Chris Dawes has proved he can talk the talk by scooping an award from a motorsports radio station.
Downforce Radio, a station dedicated to motorsport which broadcasts from events all over the UK and Europe and has a global audience, has named Chris as its motorsports Commentator of the Year for 2019.
A well-presented rural office unit in the heart of horse racing country has come to the market with Marlborough-based Stibbard Property.
The Trainers Office in Lambourn – the second-largest centre of racehorse training in England – offers more than 1,500 sq ft of accommodation over two floors, and benefits from a large reception area, main office space of 828 sq ft, a downstairs office area of 419 sq ft, toilets, plenty of desk space, electricity, water and five allocated parking spaces.
More Articles ...
- Lloyds agrees £30m loan facility for housing association
- Science festival launches insect cookery competition
- Parliament's self-build champion to open NSBRC show
- Average Wiltshire salary exceeds £34,000
- Training firm offers new courses tackling biggest cause of workplace absenteeism
- Expert opinion: How to vlog with confidence
- Housing association announces more affordable homes in Trowbridge
- Financial experts strengthen wealth management team with new appointment
- Wiltshire businesswomen named in list of 100 most inspiring
- Free seminar puts spotlight on major changes in employment rules
- TV star and auctioneers join forces to raise funds for air ambulance
- Government unveils biggest shake-up of agriculture in 40 years
- Personal injury law firm welcomes new solicitor and launches new service
- New year, new job for young writer
- Van business snaps up industrial site with a view to further expansion
- Innovative manufacturer appoints new chairman
- Mortgage advisor makes its own property move
- Law firm promotes two solicitors to partner status
- Consumer confusion to blame for fall in new car registrations, says motor dealer
- Expert advice: top tips for winning a business award
- First tickets go on sale for science and technology festival
- Construction firm celebrates 125 years with book about its history
- Was famous suffragette behind painting at auction house?
- Digital content expert puts vlogging in the frame
- Hills Quarry Products starts the New Year with focus on health and safety
- Want to beat Blue Monday? Life goals workshop may be the answer
- Chippenham Business Awards 2020 finalists announced
- Nationwide urges action on empty homes
- Bubble tea craze leads to new outlet opening
- Porton Science Park clinches £5m funding for innovation centre