With the coronavirus pandemic continuing to impact every sector and region in the UK, as well as the end of the EU transition period looming, business support organisation Business West has launched its new Back to Business directory to help signpost businesses to vital business advice, opportunities and support services.
Representing the evolution of Business West’s highly successful Trading Through Coronavirus platform, which has been visited by more than 100,000 businesses across the South West, the services and opportunities being offered under the Back to Business umbrella including:
- Employment Action Initiative - a partnered service with YouBecome to help businesses measure the psychological and emotional impact of COVID-19 on their workforce.
- Finance Hub - helping businesses to get their finances back on track post-COVID with the help of trusted providers.
- Marketing Strategy & Planning – delivered in partnership with Smart Thinking consultants, businesses will learn how to produce a marketing strategy and how to use different marketing activities to target varied audiences.
- Export Resilience and Preparedness - working with Custom Compliance Solutions businesses can access bespoke advice on VAT and customs for both EU and global importing and exporting activities.
- Innovate 2021 – an autumn webinar series for ambitious businesses: shifting out of survival mode and gearing up for growth.
- VAT and Taxation support - access to specialist VAT and tax advice in all EU member states, delivered by Bishop Fleming Chartered Accountants.
- Chambers’ support – a set of products and services specific to local members of Bristol, Bath, Gloucestershire and Wiltshire Chambers of Commerce
In addition to these specialist business support services and opportunities the Back to Business directory also provides:
- Advice and guidance on topics including people and employment law, business finance and business continuity
- Videos and podcasts with leading business figures and politicians
- Specialist business content and resources
Taken together as a suite of support services and opportunities, advice and guidance, podcasts and videos and specialist resources and content, the Back to Business directory will enable businesses to improve resilience and adjust to a changing business landscape throughout this challenging winter period.
“Back to Business is a one stop shop offering targeted support to enable businesses to tackle the dual complexities of coronavirus and the end of the EU transition period over the coming months," said Phil Smith, managing director at Business West.
“Ever since lockdown began Business West has been hard at work innovating and developing new services and business opportunities, in partnership with the likes of the Department for International Trade and Innovate UK, to help businesses bounce back and get on their feet.
“From access to finance and tax advice to immigration and mental health in the workplace, our comprehensive suite of services will play a crucial role in helping to drive business and economic recovery in the region.”
The directory can be accessed at www.businesswest.co.uk/trading-through-coronavirus/back-business-services