Swindon & Wiltshire Business News
No business will have to pay business rates until June if they are struggling to pay bills because of the coronavirus pandemic, Wiltshire Council has confirmed.
The council is allowing business ratepayers to defer their payments for two months. The same rules apply to private residents paying council tax.
A business book by Chippenham author Denise O’Leary is one of 30 chosen by publisher Panoma Press to keep entrepreneurs informed and entertained during the coronavirus lockdown.
As part of the #StayAtHome #ReadMoreBooks promotion, the publisher has discounted 30 books, including Denise's recently-published Winner – How to Win Business Awards.
The global coronavirus pandemic is not just public health emergency, but an economic one too, and in response, Business West has established a brand-new service, Trading Through Coronavirus, to help businesses navigate their way through these testing times.
At the centre of the new service offer is the Trading Through Coronavirus hub - an online portal giving businesses practical advice and guidance, the facility to submit questions via a web form and signposting to vital financial information and resources, such as the government's Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme.
More Articles ...
- Business rates discount does not go far enough – expert
- Accountancy firm offers training and support around cash flow
- A robust business plan is the secret of accessing emergency business funding – Inspire
- Expert opinion: The Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme explained
- Bag firm helped pubs and cafes become takeaways
- New industry role for Wiltshire recruitment boss
- Housing association raises £20,000 for Cancer Research UK
- Outsourced contact centre raises funds for local mental health charity
- Business groups pile on pressure for government to support the self-employed
- Brewer keeps 'the local' alive with its own virtual pub
- Wiltshire Police offer cybercrime advice to businesses
- A message from the editor - helping you through the coronavirus crisis
- Wiltshire Council pledges to do 'all it can' to protect businesses and jobs
- Conference delegates' lunches donated to the homeless
- Wiltshire Community Foundation urges public to donate to coronavirus fund for voluntary groups
- Design agency offers free support to charities to boost their online message
- Swindon firm launches the service we all need – ice-cream delivery
- Female pupils experience work at medical device company
- Swindon design agency wins prestigious contract to create new Archives Portal Europe
- Commercial Road properties offer a variety of sizes and rents
- Swindon Council prepares to take over historic Mechanics’ Institute
- New scheme launched to help Swindon firms tackle domestic abuse
- Expert advice: Six ways to use public speaking skills to get the best from meetings
- Good Energy secures its largest ever clean power deal
- Swindon and Wiltshire Growth Hub launches coronavirus support page
- Motor dealer rolls out doorstep programme for customers isolated by coronavirus
- Inspire sets itself up as the 'Alexa' for coronavirus-hit businesses
- IT provider wins staff wellbeing award
- Tech start-ups invited to unleash their inner pirate
- Acclaimed restaurant comes to the market