Swindon & Wiltshire Business News
An ancient tradition dating back to the building of the pyramids marked a milestone in the building of a new village neighbourhood.
A tree branch was raised to the roof during the topping-out ceremony for the show home at the Somerbrook development in Great Somerford, watched by dozens of construction and office staff from builder Stonewood Partnerships.
An event and entertainment specialist has opened a new site in Wiltshire. Odin Events supply event entertainment, brand marketing and prop hire to businesses, local authorities, large-scale events and private functions, across the UK.
Recent clients include Amazon, the British Grand Prix, Tesco, British Airways, Bvlgari and Christian Dior as well as local authorities and community events.
A new nail bar has opened in Swindon's Regent Circus. Chelsea Nails opened as the industry emerged from lockdown on July 13.
Director Hien Nguyen, who has been in the nails and beauty industry for ten years, planned and undertook a major fit-out of the property, with much of the hard work taking place once the major lockdown measures were eased from at the start of June.
The Government has announced a major overhaul of the outdated use class system that directs how a landlord and tenant can use a building.
The reforms, which take effect from 1 September 2020, will allow buildings to be used in many different ways often at the same time and will change the way high streets look and operate.
Businesses are operating at half of their pre-Covid 19 capacity on average, despite lockdown measures easing, according to the results of the latest Coronavirus Impact Tracker from the British Chambers of Commerce.
More than half of respondents to the survey cited reduced demand and possible future lockdowns as major obstacles to restarting day-to-day operations.
More Articles ...
- Good Energy set to launch UK’s first ever heat pump tariff
- Town centre retail unit with parking comes to market
- A million thanks as coronavirus fund breaks £1 million barrier
- Digital internship scheme comes into its own during lockdown
- Lawyer qualifies as a solicitor
- Professional bodies draw up data science standards for a post-Covid world
- Professional services firm appoints new manager to audit team
- Law firm appoints new solicitor, promotes six more
- Autistic teenage entrepreneur gets a shout our from celebrity for coping during lockdown
- Swindon printing and marketing company secures bespoke funding package from Barclays
- Doors open for first live event at house-building centre
- Expert opinion: The post-Covid workspace – five ways employers can protect the mental health of their workforce
- Plans to reinvigorate Salisbury and Trowbridge for post-Covid age take step forward
- Civil engineering company completes MBO on landscaping and haulage division
- Estate agent on the move – with commercial property firm
- Work to start on new Zurich HQ in Swindon
- Accountancy firm awarded Gold Champion status by software giant Xero
- Citizens Advice Bureau braces for new surge of debt pleas for help
- Changes to capital gains tax will hit buy-to-let landlords and second home owners - law firm
- Partnership boosts security for firms migrating to Magento 2
- Huawei row: BCS says UK was 'over-reliant' on single foreign supplier for critical infrastructure
- Specialist music supplier hits right note with sale of business
- IT specialist becomes approved partner of Circleloop
- Expert opinion: How to start and develop your business – from a personal, business-psychological perspective.
- Award-winning housing development shortlisted for second award
- Lockdown hire for web designer
- Site manager's Pride in the Job pays dividends
- Centre of Salisbury to be transformed into giant covered market
- Popular pub reopens with bank's help
- Housing developer pledges £100,000 support for Swindon voluntary groups