Swindon & Wiltshire Business News
An advice charity bracing itself for a surge in people plunged into debt by the pandemic has been boosted by a Wiltshire Community Foundation grant.
Wiltshire Citizens Advice Bureau has been awarded £21,900 from the community foundation’s Coronavirus Response Fund, which has now raised more than £950,000 and distributed more than £600,000 to 167 groups.
Marlborough-based cyber security specialist Foregenix has signed a strategic partnership with e-commerce hosting firm Sonassi – part of the iomart group – to provide more protection to firms planning to upgrade their website platforms to Magento 2.
The partnership will give Sonassi’s clients access to Foregenix’ FGX-Web security solution, which monitors for threats and suspicious behaviour and alerts users to attacks and possible breaches as they migrate. Higher FGX-Web plans are also available which include protection from online threats.
Aligning capital gains tax rates with those for income tax and a review of the current reliefs, allowances and exemptions could have a major impact on buy to let portfolios, second home owners, and potentially individuals receiving an inheritance, according to tax experts at law firm Royds Withy King.
The government this week announced a review of capital gains tax which may result in CGT rates becoming aligned to income tax rates.
The UK has become over-reliant on a single foreign supplier for the development of the UK’s 5G network and found itself 'stuck between a rock and a hard place' when the situation turned political.
That was the reaction from Swindon-based BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT, to the news that Chinese telecoms giant Huawei is to be stripped out of Britain’s 5G phone networks by 2027.
More Articles ...
- Specialist music supplier hits right note with sale of business
- IT specialist becomes approved partner of Circleloop
- Expert opinion: How to start and develop your business – from a personal, business-psychological perspective.
- Award-winning housing development shortlisted for second award
- Lockdown hire for web designer
- Site manager's Pride in the Job pays dividends
- Centre of Salisbury to be transformed into giant covered market
- Popular pub reopens with bank's help
- Housing developer pledges £100,000 support for Swindon voluntary groups
- Poor website contact details hamper businesses, developer warns
- Salisbury manufacturer wins contract to help in production of face visors for NHS
- Photocopier supplier brings Covid temperature-tracking technology to the South West
- Trowbridge-designed maths course will train the next generation of data scientists
- John Lewis will no longer be 'At Home' in Swindon
- Chancellor's summer statement – local businesses have their say
- Business groups react to Chancellor's summer statement
- IT firm's laptop scheme hits 100 donations
- Swindon Chamber searches for a hero
- Expert opinion: Managing holiday requests during the new normal
- £2.4 million fund launched to support post-Covid and post-Honda start-ups
- Business consultant launches confidence course for women in science
- Motor dealer backs socially-distanced sponsored walk in aid of carers
- Go-ahead for solar farm that will power 15,000 houses – and up to 70 jobs
- Aggregates firm expands with Gloucester quarry acquisition
- Law firm helps develops comprehensive care home registration pack
- Britain's second-widest high street to become narrower – at least for motorists
- Glimmers of hope as pandemic-related jobs cuts hit Swindon
- Swindon firm dispatches 700 military veterans to Covid frontline
- Law firm makes two senior appointments
- Law firm says life in lockdown is too much for some couples