Swindon & Wiltshire Business News
A Swindon company whose innovative manufacturing process can turn plastic packaging back into oil has secured €10 million of investment.
The investment in Recycling Technologies comes from Neste, the world’s leading provider of renewable diesel, renewable jet fuel, and an expert in delivering drop-in renewable chemical solutions, and Mirova, a pioneer impact investor in the natural capital space.
Wiltshire Museum has acquired the freehold of a modern unit at the popular Beacon Centre development on the giant Solstice Park at Amesbury.
Wiltshire Archaeological and Natural History Society, which owns and runs the museum in Devizes, snapped up the property in a deal brokered by property consultancy Myddelton & Major.
Swindon Chamber of Commerce has been charged with drafting a strategic economic strategy for the next 50 years, after challenging Swindon Borough Council's limited 15-year vision.
Chamber of Commerce president Les Durrant told members of the council's Growing the Economy Overview and Scrutiny Committee that while the borough had a plan for economic growth over the next decade, neighbouring towns and cities were being far more ambitious.
A managing partner at business advisory firm Deloitte has been inaugurated as the new president of BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT.
Rebecca George is Deloitte’s managing partner for government and public services in North and South Europe (NSE) and has worked in IT for over 30 years, focussing on IT transformation.
A pop-up shop that celebrates sexuality and gender diversity is returning to The Brunel shopping centre in Swindon next month.
Swindon & Wiltshire Pride will open their doors on Saturday 4 and Sunday 5 April. This will be the third time that Pride have had a temporary shop at The Brunel and the local charity decided to make another return visit following the extremely positive feedback they received previously.
More Articles ...
- A303 upgrade gets go-ahead in government's coronavirus-centered post-Brexit budget
- Financial advisor to address chamber breakfast
- No strategy equals no business
- Deal signed to end patchy 4G coverage
- Aspirations of Swindon children to be displayed on poster billboard
- Swindon networking breakfast set to serve up a full house
- Heating engineers rally round to help elderly couple keep warm
- Swindon’s road network to receive multi-million pound funding boost
- Principal contractor appointed to construct Melksham Community Campus
- Self build centre taps into demand for kitchen and bathroom inspiration
- Entrepreneur wins two global awards in Las Vegas
- Entrepreneurs launch book subscription box service on World Book Day
- Furniture company fined £400,000 for serious health and safety breaches
- Women in Swindon and Wiltshire work almost three months for free due to gender pay gap
- Investment continues at historic hotel
- Expert opinion: Coronavirus – it's essential to be prepared
- Accountant to dissect The Budget over breakfast
- American body armour contract awarded to Wiltshire firm
- Outsourced IT service provider acquired
- Companies must do more, mental health charity CEO tells Swindon business leaders
- Digital apprentices get insight into using social media for business
- Hills strengthens commercial waste collection fleet
- Energy company bosses tell workforce to go on strike
- Building society opens digital hub in Swindon
- Engineering and technology firms inspire next generation
- Prospectus published to mark the launch of the Western Gateway powerhouse
- Plans to revitalise Swindon's Fleming Way to go on public display
- Learn how to recruit and retain staff at employment seminar
- Will Swindon firms be judged among the best in the UK?
- Startup brings the personal touch to IT support