Swindon & Wiltshire Business News
Virtual tours are helping house-hunters in Wiltshire narrow down the search for their dream home from the comfort of their living rooms.
Five-star builder Bellway has created a virtual tour of the showhomes at Tadpole Rise in Swindon, Tithecote Manor in Bradford on Avon, Bowood View in Melksham, Dickens Gate in Rudloe, Vicarage Gardens in South Marston and Quakers Walk in Devizes, as a safe and easy way for people to get a good idea of the property’s layout and design.
Furlough and self-employment schemes have been a 'lifeline' for thousands of workers in Swindon and Wiltshire, according to new government figures.
The figures suggest that since the government launched its packages of economic support 280,000 jobs in Swindon and 54,600 jobs in Wiltshire have been protected by the Coronavirus Jobs Retention Scheme.
Business leaders in Swindon have another chance to discuss the challenges of lockdown with government cabinet member Robert Buckland next week.
The South Swindon MP will be taking part in a working brunch with Hugh Milward, senior director of corporate, external and legal affairs at Microsoft – which is facilitating the meeting – and Paul Britton, CEO of Thames Valley of Chamber of Commerce on Thursday, June 25 at 10am.
Hospice nurses are being helped to spend extra time visiting children with life-limiting illnesses and their families thanks to a Wiltshire Community Foundation grant.
Julia’s House Children’s Hospice has been given £4,953 from the community foundation’s Wiltshire and Swindon Coronavirus Response Fund to fund the extra costs of home visits to 50 families across the county.
An ambitious new project to create a 'British Silicon Valley' in Swindon could be launched in the virtual sphere.
Launched last June at Nationwide HQ in Swindon, TechSwindon had intended to build its community of entrepreneurs with events throughout the year, culminating in a physical summit on November 5, showcasing the very best of Swindon’s tech innovation.
More Articles ...
- Help businesses bounce back – leave a positive review
- Pavements widened, roads narrowed in Malmesbury to facilitate social distancing
- Business experts are needed to advice local companies
- Expert opinion: Can your business survive the next six months? Planning is key.
- Chippenham firm joins big names in backing women in engineering
- Appeal for donations to help socially-distanced pupils do their schoolwork at home
- Property expert joins Trowbridge-based law firm
- Wiltshire-based developer submits application for 88 eco-home neighbourhood
- Good Energy teams up with software firm Jumptech
- Law firm appoints new head of IT
- Law firm resumes face-to-face meetings as lockdown rules ease
- Swindon entrepreneur leads campaign to save forgotten small businesses
- Rumoured trade-in incentive welcomed by Swindon car dealer
- Swindon company positions itself at centre of remote working revolution
- Business West calls for government rethink of quarantine rules
- Swindon's retail centre prepares to re-open for business
- Swindon Council opens fund to help businesses that fell through bailout gaps
- The National Self Build & Renovation Centre re-opens doors
- The UK has stopped spending cash, survey reveals
- Loan scheme ensures fashion retailer isn't left with empty pockets
- Chippenham IT company acquires Bristol counterpart
- Expert opinion: Planning and protecting your business during and after Covid-19
- Tomorrow is your last chance to furlough staff, lawyer warns employers
- Pre-paid meals might help restaurants reopen, says financial expert
- Housing association reaches out to vulnerable customers with a friendly voice
- Wiltshire Council launches £5 million scheme for pandemic-hit businesses
- Lawyers offer Wills Through Windows to help clients through social-distancing
- Performing arts company awarded £35,000 Covid-19 grant
- Campaign to ban cheap chicken attracts half a million signatures
- Manufacturer develops handy tool to keep fingers clean