Swindon & Wiltshire Business News
Award-winning motorsports commentator Chris Dawes is in the driving seat for a new venture – commentating on e-sports.
Lockdown due to Coronavirus, and the cancelling of live sports, has led to an explosion in the popularity of e-sports – or gaming sports – and Chris is now being engaged to commentate on motorsports.
Across the UK, businesses are feeling the impact of the measures taken by the government to tackle the coronavirus pandemic. With forced closures, huge reductions in sales and a sharp downturn in required services, commercial tenants may be struggling to meet their lease obligations. As a commercial landlord, how should you respond to the crisis?
The co-director of tech-led accountancy firm Purple Lime is taking a back seat in the business she helped to found.
Well known in the business community in Wiltshire, Angela Ashworth is moving away from day-to-day activities within the accountancy firm and will now focus on marketing and training up the company’s new office manager. Her back-seat role will not be office based.
A new report has revealed the daily impact of the coronavirus lockdown on the South West economy and highlighted which sectors are performing the strongest and protecting the UK from even greater damage.
According to UK Powerhouse, a report by legal and financial services firm Irwin Mitchell and the Centre for Economic and Business Research (Cebr), Gross Value Added, or GVA – the measure of the value of goods and services produced in an area, industry or sector of an economy – is estimated to be falling in the region by 36 percent, or £185 million every day during the lockdown.
More Articles ...
- Drug capsule manufacturing returns to Swindon
- Law firm strengthens private client offering
- Energy firm sponsors climate disaster movie
- New faces, promotions and retirements at commercial law firm
- Law firm offers free wills and a host of benefits to NHS workers
- BCS supports coronavirus contact-tracing app - if privacy can be guaranteed
- IT Entrepreneur creates guide to using webinar sites safely
- Recruitment company boss supplies visors to frontline workers with Community Foundation grant
- Bounce back scheme for small businesses welcomed as approved loans hit £4.1 billion
- Garden centre group secures funding through CBILS
- Footwear company turns its hand to face shields
- Virus loans are still slow to help many cash-strapped firms – but furlough scheme preventing redundancies
- Devizes brewery converts three tankers of beer into hand sanitiser
- Expert opinion: Charities need to ‘get digital’ to keep fundraising during
- Inventors waging war against coronavirus
- Construction firm earns BSI accreditation hat-trick
- Free curriculum server for schools to ease impact of coronavirus
- Recycling Technologies strikes a deal for first European plant
- Business coach launches Survive and Thrive webinars
- Wiltshire and Swindon Coronavirus Response Fund hits £350,000
- Plan to improve movement around Swindon's town centre get green light
- Digital divide leaving poorer children unable to access learning, teachers tell BCS
- Swindon firm manufactures components for visors
- Coronavirus Business Impact Tracker: More than 70 percent of firms surveyed have furloughed staff
- Swindon and Wiltshire businesses 'staring into abyss'
- Accountant celebrates 25 years with Swindon firm
- Online club launches to help businesses weather pandemic
- Pandemic won't stop Wiltshire firm helping buyers into new homes
- Expert opinion: Looking after your mental health during the coronavirus lockdown
- Swindon company recognised with Queen’s Award for Enterprise