People & Appointments
Recruitment, HR and training sector news in Swindon and Wiltshire.
Expanding property consultancy Myddelton & Major has appointed an experienced new chartered surveyor.
Matthew Holmes has joined the long-established Wiltshire firm’s commercial team as associate partner as business continues to grow.
Matthew, an experienced chartered surveyor and RICS Registered Valuer, has 14 years’ experience and has previously worked for national and international property consultancies.
Myddelton & Major partner Philip Holford said: “Matthew brings a wealth of experience in providing valuations for all types of commercial property, including investment and development sites.
“He has worked on behalf of banks, pension funds, businesses and private individuals as well as having a great deal of expertise in acting for landlords and tenants in rent reviews, lease renewals and other landlord and tenant matters.
“We welcome Matthew as we continue to grow our professional services and management team and he is set to play a leading role in our continued development across the central southern region.
“He will be providing a dedicated surveyor service, undertaking landlord and tenant work and valuations for secured lending, pension funds – SIPP and SSAS pension fund beneficiaries– litigation, taxation – CGT and IHT – and company account purposes.”
Matthew said, “Myddelton & Major has a long-established reputation for quality advice and client care and I am looking forward to utilising my extensive sector knowledge and experience to add value to the firm’s extensive and valued client base.”
Specialist personal injury law firm Novum Law has appointed a solicitor to head its new wills, trusts and estate planning team based in Salisbury's Woodford Valley.
Karen Perugini, who has nearly 20 years’ experience advising people in the Salisbury area, on their personal and legal affairs, joins from Sampson Coward Solicitors, where she was head of wills and probate – a new area of interest for the Salisbury-based firm.
Melksham-based financial experts Old Mill have appointed chartered financial planner and fellow member of the Personal Finance Society, Neil Rushton, to its wealth management team.
The 39-year-old has more than 18 years’ experience in financial services having held roles across the sector. Neil joins Old Mill from independent financial planning firm Citimark, where he looked after a portfolio of high net worth clients, helping them explore aspirations and achieve financial independence.
Expanding design and marketing agency Resolution Design has appointed a new in-house copywriter to develop and drive the content creation side of the business.
Amalie Bleackley started her new role at the Devizes-based agency in January. After graduating with a first class degree in English Literature, she started out writing content for a well-known website, until she was snapped up by a creative agency, where she wrote SEO-friendly copy for a diverse range of clients.
Law firm Forrester Sylvester Mackett has made solicitors Stewart Donald and Jane Healey partners in the business.
Stewart joined the private client department in 2017 and is based in the Malmesbury office. He specialises in administration of trusts and estates, personal tax planning advice, preparing wills and powers of attorney, and making applications to the Court of Protection.
More Articles ...
- BPO innovator invests in talent with three new appointments to commercial team
- Renewable energy supplier appoints new CFO
- Energy reduction specialist appoints new general manager
- Recruitment firm appoints three new directors
- All change at the top at IT firm
- Four trainees join law firm
- Plumbing firm taps into young potential
- Swindon & Wiltshire Initiative appoints new initiative manager
- Banking group appoints new regional director for large corporate clients
- Trainees qualify as solicitors
- New faces at family department of law firm
- Swindon law firm announces largest ever round of promotions
- Training company keeps it in the family with new associate coach
- Motor dealer appoints fleet manager to help business customers
- SEO expert joins Swindon company as non-exec director
- Contract centre appoints new chief financial officer
- Senior partner at law firm to retire
- Professional services firm appoints new head of audit division
- Recruitment firm appoints new MD
- Family-run accountancy practice welcomes new team member
- Economic Partnership appoints seven new directors
- Financial planner joins later life team
- Salisbury BID is recruiting new directors
- Three new partners at property consultancy
- IT firm recruits first female technician in 20-year history
- Community foundation appoints new chairman of trustees
- Creative marketing agency expands into Bristol
- Business growth specialists appoint 10 new associate directors
- Chartered financial planning firm expands
- Digital marketing firm keeps it in the family with new appointment