Celebrating charity work and good deeds in the Wiltshire and Swindon business community.
A Swindon-based security firm that won the contract to marshal Covid-19 testing centres across the UK has donated £10,000 to a veterans' charity.
SSGC has announced Mission Motorsport as its chosen charity partner, providing both financial and practical support for the organisation, which works with wounded, injured or sick ex-forces personnel.
Businessman John Williams and his running mate Leigh Martin have run their own marathon around Chippenham and raised more than £1,500 for charity.
John, who is the co-founder of Chippenham-based heating and plumbing company John Williams Heating Services, was joined by running mate Leigh Martin on Sunday September 27 on their marathon course around the town and surrounding villages – on the day when they should have been running the Berlin Marathon.
A team of four men will face 40ft waves and pull in excess of 1.5 million strokes when they across the Atlantic to raise money for Victoria’s Promise - a cancer charity which supported crewman Ed’s wife Anna as she battled cancer.
Team Anna Victorious are being aided by Marlborough-based marketing expert Maggie Robinson through her business, Smart Thinking Consultancy. She’ll be helping the team fundraise for Victoria’s Promise, which supports and empowers young women and their families through cancer and beyond.
Businessman John Williams and his running mate Leigh Martin are about to run their own marathon course – after their plans to run in Berlin were thwarted by Covid-19.
Known as the co-founder of heating and plumbing company John Williams Heating Services, John (51) is in training for the bespoke 'Not The Berlin Marathon' around Chippenham on Sunday, September 27.
A Swindon charity that provides a vital transport lifeline to elderly and vulnerable people has been given a boost from the Wiltshire Community Foundation.
Swindon Dial A Ride has been awarded £10,000 from the community foundation’s Coronavirus Response Fund, which has now raised more than £950,000 and distributed more than £600,000 to 167 groups, to help it continue its service when the lockdown eases.
More Articles ...
- Swindon businessmen take on running challenge to raise money for Oscar
- Law firm supports Alzheimer’s Society
- Packaging firm helps Swindon Food Collective with surge in demand due to coronavirus
- Coronavirus response fund helps mental health charity continue support for anguished clients
- Foodbank helped to cope with rising demand by Wiltshire Community Foundation grant
- Graphic designer and fitness fanatic raises £100s for Swindon charity
- Law firm focusses its fundraising efforts on mental health
- Wiltshire Community Foundation coronavirus fund helps groups tackling hunger, isolation, and mental health
- Lawyers raise £5,000 for Alzheimer’s Support
- Brewer raises over £250,000 for Air Ambulance charities
- Swindon businessman to run a charity half marathon... around his work premises
- Wiltshire Community Foundation coronavirus fund tops £100,000
- Author and writing mentor launches her latest book
- Cyclists to ride through the night for women's charities
- Swindon companies join forces to get fundraising drive off to strong start
- Legacy of Wiltshire woman set to be fulfilled at local fundraising event
- Construction firm makes £5,000 charity donation
- Sporting charity calls for corporate sponsors
- Family firm turns up the heat for pancake race
- Accountancy team raises £1,500 for homelessness charity
- Accountants sleep out to raise funds for homelessness charity
- Shoppers dig deep for charity gift wrap
- Test your brainpower with fundraising quiz
- Digital marketing firm lend a hand – and a van – to hospice
- Annual charity quiz is a record breaker
- Business group boosts coffers of local charities
- Fundraising is just the ticket at Swindon serviced offices
- Night shelter appeals for corporate sponsors and helpers
- Brewer helps keep elderly warm this winter
- Café serves up support for less fortunate