Commercial property news from Swindon and Wiltshire.
A government announcement that the national rating revaluation for business rates will no longer take place in 2021 has been welcomed by a Swindon commercial property specialist.
Last week, communities secretary postponed the revaluation to help reduce uncertainty for firms affected by the impact of the coronavirus pandemic.
Pharmaceutical and health product specialist group Wasdell has moved part of its operation into a new 108,000 sq ft site at Groundwell Industrial Estate, North Swindon, in a bid to service additional contracts.
Wasdell, which has its head office at Blagrove, Swindon, opened a new €36m purpose-built facility in Dundalk, Ireland, last year in response to Britain’s planned departure from the EU.
Swindon-based construction firm Beard, whose work includes medical research facilities, special needs schools and MOD work, is continuing to operate on more than 90 per cent of its sites, despite the wave of closures that the industry has seen in response to the spread of Covid-19.
Beard has fully implemented the Site Operating Procedures drawn up by the Construction Leadership Council. This ensures that staff and subcontractors working on Beard sites are not exposed to unnecessary risk of infection.
A prime industrial/warehouse unit on a new development at Amesbury’s Solstice Park has been snapped up by a company working the print, prop and interior design field.
The end-terrace Unit 207, Beacon Centre has been acquired by Vizual Koncept Ltd in a deal brokered by property consultancy Myddelton & Major.
More Articles ...
- Property consultancy promotes manager during 'incredibly difficult period' for landlords
- Massive distribution centre takes shape
- Business rates discount does not go far enough – expert
- Commercial Road properties offer a variety of sizes and rents
- Swindon Council prepares to take over historic Mechanics’ Institute
- Acclaimed restaurant comes to the market
- Museum snaps up Amesbury industrial unit
- Pride pop-up shop returns to The Brunel
- Principal contractor appointed to construct Melksham Community Campus
- Investment continues at historic hotel
- Building society opens digital hub in Swindon
- Screwfix taps into expanding Warminster trade park
- Council snaps up large warehouse
- Modest increase in property prices anticipated now Brexit stalemate is lifted
- Developer to create 12 new apartments in centre of Swindon
- Motor firm drives into business park
- Innovative disabled toilet charity moves to trackside property
- Office let in horse racing capital is under starters orders
- Van business snaps up industrial site with a view to further expansion
- Mortgage advisor makes its own property move
- Bubble tea craze leads to new outlet opening
- Open storage yard comes to market at Melksham
- First phase of rural college development underway
- Hotel chain opens new outlet in Marlborough
- Trading estate sold for £3.46 million
- Historic retail premises sold
- Property agent cuts a deal with hairdresser
- Construction starts at Chippenham industrial park
- Employment land snapped up at Solstice Park
- High yielding commercial investment comes to the market